DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the imagen command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page.
imagen is a simple shell script that translates a LaTeX document into many images. Please consult the hevea manual for explanation how to use imagen in conjunction with hevea.
OPTIONSA summary of options are included below.
- Produce images in the png format. This is the default.
- Produce images in gif format instead of png.
- Produce images in pnm format instead of png.
- -mag nnnn,
- Change the enlarging ratio that is applied while translating DVI into Postscript. More precisely, dvips is run with -xnnnn option. Default value for this ration is 1414, this means that, by default, imagen magnifies LaTeX output by a factor of 1.414.
- -t arg
- Pass option -t arg to dvips. For instance, using -t a3 may help when images are truncated on the right.
- Have imagen call pdflatex instead of latex
- -extra command,
- Insert command as an additional stage in imagen ppm to png/gif production chain. command is a Unix filter that expects a ppm image in its standard input and outputs a ppm image on its standard output. A sensible choice for command is one command from the netpbm package or several such commands piped together.
- -quant number
Add an extra color quantization step in imagen ppm image production
chain, where number is the maximal number of colors in the produced
images. This option may be needed in response of a failure in the
image production chain. It can also help in limiting image files size.