SYNOPSISa2ensite [ [-q|--quiet] site]
a2dissite [ [-q|--quiet] site]
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the a2ensite and a2dissite commands.
a2ensite is a script that enables the specified site (which contains a <VirtualHost> block) within the apache2 configuration. It does this by creating symlinks within /etc/apache2/sites-enabled. Likewise, a2dissite disables a site by removing those symlinks. It is not an error to enable a site which is already enabled, or to disable one which is already disabled.
Apache treats the very first virtual host enabled specially as every request not matching any actual directive is being redirected there. Thus it should be called 000-default in order to sort before the remaining hosts to be loaded first.
- -q, --quiet
- Don't show informative messages.
- -m, --maintmode
- Enables the maintainer mode, that is the program invocation is effectuated automatically by a maintainer script. This switch should not be used by end users.
- -p, --purge
- When disabling a module, purge all traces of the module in the internal state data base.
EXIT STATUSa2ensite and a2dissite exit with status 0 if all sites are processed successfully, 1 if errors occur, 2 if an invalid option was used.
- a2dissite 000-default
Disables the default site.
- Directory with files giving information on available sites.
- Directory with links to the files in sites-available for enabled sites.