DESCRIPTIONThis driver uses the ACPI Video Extensions to control display switching and backlight brightness. The availability of the sysctl(8) variables depends on the functions offered by the host's ACPI implementation.
SYSCTL VARIABLESThe following sysctls are currently implemented, where Aq Ar device is crt , lcd or tv
- hw.acpi.video. Ao device Ac .active
- Current state of the output device.
- hw.acpi.video. Ao device Ac .levels
- List of supported brightness levels.
- hw.acpi.video. Ao device Ac .brightness
- Current brightness level of the device.
- hw.acpi.video. Ao device Ac .fullpower
- Preset brightness level to be used in full power mode.
- hw.acpi.video. Ao device Ac .economy
- Preset brightness level to be used in economy mode.
Defaults for these variables can be set in sysctl.conf5, which is parsed at boot-time.
HISTORYThe driver first appeared in Fx 5.3 .
AUTHORSAn -nosplit The driver was written by An Taku YAMAMOTO Aq [email protected] . This manual page was written by An Mark Santcroos Aq [email protected] .
BUGSSome systems only perform output switching via SMM even though they export the proper information via ACPI. On such systems, the proper hotkeys or OEM driver (for example, acpi_toshiba4) must be used instead.