SYNOPSISacsadmin [ commands_filename ]
DESCRIPTIONacsadmin configures aggregate custody signal behavior for the local ION node.
It operates in response to ACS configuration commands found in the file commands_filename, if provided; if not, acsadmin prints a simple prompt (:) so that the user may type commands directly into standard input.
The format of commands for commands_filename can be queried from acsadmin with the 'h' or '?' commands at the prompt. The commands are documented in acsrc(5).
- "0" Successful completion of ACS administration.
- Enter interactive ACS configuration command entry mode.
- acsadmin host1.acs
- Execute all configuration commands in host1.acs, then terminate immediately.
FILESSee acsrc(5) for details of the ACS configuration commands.
ENVIRONMENTNo environment variables apply.
DIAGNOSTICSNote: all ION administration utilities expect source file input to be lines of ASCII text that are NL-delimited. If you edit the acsrc file on a Windows machine, be sure to use dos2unix to convert it to Unix text format before presenting it to acsadmin. Otherwise acsadmin will detect syntax errors and will not function satisfactorily.
The following diagnostics may be issued to the logfile ion.log:
- acsadmin can't attach to ION.
- There is no SDR data store for acsadmin to use. You should run ionadmin(1) first, to set up an SDR data store for ION.
- Can't open command file...
- The commands_filename specified in the command line doesn't exist.
Various errors that don't cause acsadmin to fail but are noted in the ion.log log file may be caused by improperly formatted commands given at the prompt or in the commands_filename file. Please see acsrc(5) for details.