DESCRIPTIONA number of files must reside on the local disk of AFS server and client machines. They belong to the following general categories:
- Configuration files define configuration parameters for specific server and kernel processes such as the Backup System Tape Coordinator or the Cache Manager.
- Administrative files list information used in administration of server machines, such as a list of privileged users or server encryption keys.
- Cache-related files contain cached data or information about cached data, on client machines.
- Log files contain tracing messages about the operation of a specific process.
- Database files contain database records used to administer the AFS cell.
- Controller files control the behavior of a process.
- Volume header files represent AFS volumes on server partitions.
For a description of the format and contents of each file, see its reference page.
Note for Windows users: Some files described in this document possibly do not exist on machines that run a Windows operating system. Also, Windows uses a backslash ("\") rather than a forward slash ("/") to separate the elements in a pathname.
COPYRIGHTIBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.