bool al_play_sample(ALLEGRO_SAMPLE *spl, float gain, float pan, float speed,
ALLEGRO_PLAYMODE loop, ALLEGRO_SAMPLE_ID *ret_id)
Plays a sample on one of the sample instances created by al_reserve_samples(3alleg5). Returns true on success, false on failure. Playback may fail because all the reserved sample instances are currently used.
- gain - relative volume at which the sample is played; 1.0 is normal.
- pan - 0.0 is centred, -1.0 is left, 1.0 is right, or ALLEGRO_AUDIO_PAN_NONE.
- speed - relative speed at which the sample is played; 1.0 is normal.
- loop - ALLEGRO_PLAYMODE_ONCE, ALLEGRO_PLAYMODE_LOOP, or ALLEGRO_PLAYMODE_BIDIR
- ret_id - if non-NULL the variable which this points to will be assigned an id representing the sample being played.