SYNOPSISamspub "application_name``, ''authority_name``, ''subject_name``, ''message_text"
DESCRIPTIONamspub is a message publication program designed to test AMS functionality in a VxWorks environment. When an amspub task is started, it registers as an application module in the root unit of the venture identified by application_name and authority_name, looks up the subject number for subject_name, publishes a single message with content message_text on that subject, unregisters, and terminates.
A configuration server for the local continuum and a registrar for the root unit of the indicated venture (which may both be instantiated in a single amsd daemon task) must be running in order for amspub to run.
- amspub terminated with an error as noted in the ion.log file.
- amspub terminated normally.
FILESThe amspub source code is in the amspubsub.c source file.
A MIB initialization file with the applicable default name (see amsrc(5)) must be present.
ENVIRONMENTNo environment variables apply.
- amspub can't register.
- amspub failed to register, for reasons noted in the ion.log file.
- amspub: subject is unknown
- amspub can't publish test messages on the specified subject; possibly an error in the MIB initialization file.
- amspub can't publish message.
- amspub failed to publish, for reasons noted in the ion.log file.