SYNOPSISamssub "application_name``, ''authority_name``, ''subject_name"
DESCRIPTIONamssub is a message reception program designed to test AMS functionality in a VxWorks environment. When an amssub task is started, it registers as an application module in the root unit of the venture identified by application_name and authority_name, looks up the subject number for subject_name, subscribes to that subject, and begins receiving and printing messages on that subject until terminated by amsstop.
A configuration server for the local continuum and a registrar for the root unit of the indicated venture (which may both be instantiated in a single amsd daemon task) must be running in order for amssub to run.
- amssub terminated with an error as noted in the ion.log file.
- amssub terminated normally.
FILESThe amssub source code is in the amspubsub.c source file.
A MIB initialization file with the applicable default name (see amsrc(5)) must be present.
ENVIRONMENTNo environment variables apply.
- amssub can't register.
- amssub failed to register, for reasons noted in the ion.log file.
- amssub: subject is unknown
- amssub can't subscribe to messages on the specified subject; possibly an error in the MIB initialization file.
- amssub can't subscribe.
- amssub failed to subscribe, for reasons noted in the ion.log file.
- amssub can't get event.
- amssub failed to receive message, for reasons noted in the ion.log file.