SYNOPSISapm [ -VvmMsSdin ]
DESCRIPTIONThis command requires the Advanced Power Management subsystem. If run without arguments it reads /proc/apm and presents the output in a human-readable format.
Given a -S or -s option it requests that the machine be put into the APM standby or the APM suspend state, respectively. For a brief description of these states, see apmd(8).
- -V, --version
- Print the version of the program and exit.
- -v, --verbose
- Also print version information for the APM subsystem. The APM subsystem consists of power-management hardware, firmware usually referred to as the APM BIOS and a driver in the operating system kernel.
- -m, --minutes
- Print the time remaining as a number of minutes. The default is to print the time remaining in "hours:minutes" format.
- -M, --monitor
- Continuously monitor and update the status information. Assumes that the standard output is a terminal.
- -S, --standby
- Request that the machine be put into the APM standby state.
- -s, --suspend
- Request that the machine be put into the APM suspend state.
- -d, --debug
- Print APM status information in a format more useful for debugging. Implies -v.