approx-import [OPTION]... file.deb ...
approx-import copies local .deb files, such as those found in /var/cache/apt/archives, into the approx(8) cache.
It does so by computing the MD5 checksum of each argument. If it matches a package in one of the Packages files in the approx(8) cache, then the file is copied to the appropriate location in the cache.
Note that all Packages files must be scanned, regardless of how many .deb files are being imported, and this process may take several minutes.
The approx-import command must be run by the superuser or the approx(8) user.
- -c file, --config file
- Specify an additional configuration file. May be used multiple times.
- -s, --simulate
- Process files but do not actually copy them into the cache.
- -q, --quiet
- Don't print the names of files that are imported.
- -v, --verbose
Print the disposition of each file.
To import packages from the local apt(8) cache:
- approx-import /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb
To import packages from another proxy's cache:
- find other-cache -name "*.deb" | xargs approx-import
(where other-cache is the pathname of the other proxy's cache directory)
Configuration file for approx and related programs.
Default cache directory for archive files.
AUTHOREric Cooper <[email protected]>