The file apt-dater.conf is the configuration file for apt-dater(8). apt-dater(8) is a program to manage package updats on a large number of remote hosts using SSH. This man page descripes briefly the parameters of the file apt-dater.conf. The default location of this file is $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/apt-dater/hosts.conf.
The syntax of the configuration file is the syntax of glib keyfiles.
- The location of the file contains all host which will be managed with apt-dater. (optional)
- The location of the directory which contains the status files of any host. (optional)
- Location of screen(1) config file. (optional)
Title=%m # %[email protected]%h:%p
- Template for screen titles using string escapes. (optional)
- Enables/disables support of screen dumps. (optional)
- If set to 1, apt-dater will ask for the maintainers name on startup. If set to 2, apt-dater will only ask if no MAINTAINER environment variable is set.
- The location of ssh-client binary.
- The command to initiate sftp file transfer e.g. /usr/bin/sftp
- Additional ssh-client command flags, which will be appended.
- If enabled, apt-dater tries to spawn ssh-agent(1) if none is already running. ssh-add(1) will be called to load your private keys.
- List of private keys which should be loaded when apt-dater calls ssh-add(1).
- The command which will be used to refresh the status of the managed host.
- The command which will be used to intitate a upgrade of a managed host.
CmdInstall=apt-dater-host install %s
- The command which will be used to update a single package. %s will be replaced by the name of the package.
Set your own color style of the ui components. To highlight colors you can use the
bright* keyword. Example: Colors=menu brightgreen blue;status brightgreen blue;selector black red;
- Enabled the auto refresh feature if compiled in (see README.autoref).
- Enables user notification by terminal bell.
- Enables user notification by terminal flashing.
- A regular expression pattern to match the screen output. A match indicates the user should be asked to review the output (using less). (Optional)
- Enables session recording using script(1). (Optional)
PreUpdate=/etc/apt-dater/pre-upg.d, PreRefresh=/etc/apt-dater/pre-ref.d, PreInstall=/etc/apt-dater/pre-ins.d, PreConnect=/etc/apt-dater/pre-con.d, PostUpdate=/etc/apt-dater/post-upg.d, PostRefresh=/etc/apt-dater/post-ref.d, PostInstall=/etc/apt-dater/post-ins.d, PostConnect=/etc/apt-dater/post-con.d
- Hooks to be run before and after an action on a host is done. The values should be path names, any executable script within these directories will be run by run-parts(8).
STRING ESCAPESapt-dater(8) provides an string escape mechanism. The escape character is '%'.
Table 1. List of supported escapes.
SSH port number
- The configuration file of apt-dater.
- Contains all hosts you would like to manage.
Copyright © 2008-2012 IBH IT-Service GmbH [m[blue]http://www.ibh.de/m]
XDG Base Directory Specification