SYNOPSISastribank_allow -D device-path [ options ]
DESCRIPTIONModern Astribanks (with USB product id's 116x) contain capabilities that may be licensed.
astribank_allow is used to upload/download the licensing information to/from the device.
Uploading a valid license file to an Astribank, changes its capabilities. The change becomes effective after a firmware reset (either by powering the device off and on again, or via the astribank_tool full reset option).
Downloading license from the device, produces a valid license file for its current capabilities. This may be backed up, so the device may be later restored to its previous capabilities.
The license file contains both a human readable description of the device capabilities for the end user and a hash of the licensing information used by Xorcom to generate/modify licensed capabilities.
- Required. The device to read from/write to. This is bus_num/device_num, where bus_num and device_num are the first two numbers in the output of lsusb(8) or dahdi_hardware(8). On older versions of this tool you needed a complete path to the device, which would be /dev/bus/usb/bus_num/device_num, or /proc/bus/usb/bus_num/device_num.
- Write capabilities to EEPROM, otherwise read capabilities
- License filename (stdin/stdout if not specified)
Choose the numeric code of license markers to generate.
This code select the type of BEGIN.../END... strings
that delimit the license body.
Valid marker codes are listed with the -h option. The default (and first) code is 1. Zero is illegal value.
- Increase verbosity. May be used multiple times.
- Set debug mask to mask. Default is 0, 0xFF is "everything".
- Displays usage message.