VERSIONThis document describes Attean::API::Serializer version 0.017
DESCRIPTIONThe Attean::API::Serializer role defines a common API for all serializers of typed objects to data (either a byte string or printed to a filehandle).
REQUIRED METHODSThe following methods are required by the Attean::API::Serializer role:
- Returns the canonical media type string for the format of this serializer.
- Returns an ARRAY reference of media type strings that also identify the format produced by this serializer.
- Returns a Type::Tiny object representing the type of items that are consumed during serialization.
- "serialize_iter_to_io( $fh, $iterator )"
- Serializes the elements from the Attean::API::Iterator $iterator to the IO::Handle object $fh.
- "serialize_iter_to_bytes( $fh )"
- Serializes the elements from the Attean::API::Iterator $iterator and returns the serialization as a UTF-8 encoded byte string.
METHODSThis role provides default implementations of the following methods:
- "serialize_list_to_io( $fh, @elements )"
- Serializes the objects in @elements to the IO::Handle object $fh.
- "serialize_list_to_bytes( @elements )"
- Serializes the objects in @elements and returns the serialization as a UTF-8 encoded byte string.
BUGSPlease report any bugs or feature requests to through the GitHub web interface at <https://github.com/kasei/attean/issues>.
AUTHORGregory Todd Williams "<[email protected]>"
COPYRIGHTCopyright (c) 2014--2016 Gregory Todd Williams. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.