aubionotes [[-i] source]
[-r rate] [-B win] [-H hop]
[-O method] [-t thres]
[-p method] [-u unit] [-l thres]
[-j] [-v] [-h]
aubionotes attempts to detect notes by looking for note onsets and pitches. Consecutive events are segmented using onset detection, while a fundamental frequency extraction algorithm determines their pitch.
When started with an input source (-i/--input), the detected notes are printed on standard output, in seconds and midi note number.
When started without an input source, or with the jack option (-j/--jack), aubionotes starts in jack mode.
This program follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (--). A summary of options is included below.
- -i, --input source
- Run analysis on this audio file. Most uncompressed and compressed are supported, depending on how aubio was built.
- -r, --samplerate rate
- Fetch the input source, resampled at the given sampling rate. The rate should be specified in Hertz as an integer. If 0, the sampling rate of the original source will be used. Defaults to 0.
- -B, --bufsize win
- The size of the buffer to analyze, that is the length of the window used for spectral and temporal computations. Defaults to 512.
- -H, --hopsize hop
- The number of samples between two consecutive analysis. Defaults to 256.
- -O, --onset method
- The onset detection method to use. See ONSET METHODS below. Defaults to 'default'.
- -t, --onset-threshold thres
- Set the threshold value for the onset peak picking. Typical values are typically within 0.001 and 0.900. Defaults to 0.1. Lower threshold values imply more onsets detected. Try 0.5 in case of over-detections. Defaults to 0.3.
- -p, --pitch method
- The pitch detection method to use. See PITCH METHODS below. Defaults to 'default'.
- -u, --pitch-unit unit
- The unit to be used to print frequencies. Possible values include midi, bin, cent, and Hz. Defaults to 'Hz'.
- -l, --pitch-tolerance thres
- Set the tolerance for the pitch detection algorithm. Typical values range between 0.2 and 0.9. Pitch candidates found with a confidence less than this threshold will not be selected. The higher the threshold, the more confidence in the candidates. Defaults to unset.
- -s, --silence sil
- Set the silence threshold, in dB, under which the pitch will not be detected. A value of -20.0 would eliminate most onsets but the loudest ones. A value of -90.0 would select all onsets. Defaults to -90.0.
- -j, --jack
- Use Jack input/output. You will need a Jack connection controller to feed aubio some signal and listen to its output.
- -h, --help
- Print a short help message and exit.
- -v, --verbose
- Be verbose.
Available methods: default, energy, hfc, complex, phase, specdiff, kl, mkl, specflux.
See aubioonset(1) for details about these methods.
Available methods: default, schmitt, fcomb, mcomb, specacf, yin, yinfft.
See aubiopitch(1) for details about these methods.
This manual page was written by Paul Brossier <[email protected]>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.