SYNOPSISavahi-publish -s [options] name service-type port [TXT data ...]
avahi-publish-service [options] name service-type port [TXT data ...]
avahi-publish -a [options] host name address
avahi-publish-address [options] host name address
DESCRIPTIONRegister an mDNS/DNS-SD service or host name/address mapping using the Avahi daemon.
OPTIONSWhen calling in service registration mode, specify a DNS-SD service name (e.g. "Lennart's Files"), a service type (e.g. _http._tcp) and an IP port number for the service, optionally followed by any number of TXT record strings on the command line. When calling in address/host name registration mode specify a fully qualified host name and an address (IPv4 or IPv6).
- -s | --service
- Register a service. avahi-publish-service is equivalent to avahi-publish -s.
- -a | --address
- Register an address/host name mapping. avahi-publish-address is equivalent to avahi-publish -a.
- -v | --verbose
- Enable verbose mode.
- -H | --host= HOSTNAME
- Specify a host name for this service, in case it doesn't reside on the local host. This host name needs to be fully qualified and resolvable using mDNS or unicast DNS.
- -d | --domain= DOMAIN
- Publish the service in the specified domain. If omitted the Avahi daemon will publish it in its default domain (usually .local).
- --subtype= SUBTYPE
- Register the service with an additional subtype in addition to the main type. DNS-SD subtypes have the form _anon._sub._ftp._tcp, where _anon is the identifier of the subtype and _ftp._tcp is the main type. You may pass this option multiple times to register the service with multiple subtypes.
- -f | --no-fail
- Don't fail if the daemon is not found running. Instead, wait until it appears. If it disconnects, try to reconnect.
- -h | --help
- Show help
- -V | --version
- Show version information.
AUTHORSThe Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/
COMMENTSThis man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth.