SYNOPSISbasic_radius_auth -f config file
basic_radius_auth -h server name port ] [-i identifier ] -w secret [-t timeout ]
DESCRIPTIONbasic_radius_auth allows Squid to connect to a RADIUS server to validate the user name and password of Basic HTTP authentication.
- -f configfile
- Specifies the path to a configuration file. See the CONFIGURATION section for details on the file content.
- -h server
- Alternative method of specifying the server to connect to
- -p port
- Specify another server port where the RADIUS server listens for requests if different from the default RADIUS port. Normally not specified.
- -i identifier
- Unique identifier identifying this Squid proxy to the RADIUS server. If not specified the IP address is used to identify the proxy.
- -w secret
- Alternative method of specifying the shared secret. Using the -f option with a configuration file is generally more secure and recommended.
- -t timeout
- RADIUS request timeout. Default is 10 seconds.
CONFIGURATIONThe configuration specifies how the helper connects to RADIUS. The file contains a list of directives (one per line). Lines beginning with a # are ignored.
- server radiusserver
- specifies the name or address of the RADIUS server to connect to.
- secret somesecretstring
- specifies the shared RADIUS secret.
- identifier nameofserver
- specifies what name the proxy should use to identify itself to the RADIUS server. This directive is optional.
- port portnumber
- Specifies the port number or service name where the helper should connect.
- timeout seconds
- Specifies the RADIUS request timeout.
AUTHORThis program is written by Marc van Selm <[email protected]> Henrik Nordstrom <[email protected]>
With contributions from many others.
This manual was written by Henrik Nordstrom <[email protected]>
* Copyright (C) 1996-2016 The Squid Software Foundation and contributors
* Squid software is distributed under GPLv2+ license and includes
* contributions from numerous individuals and organizations.
* Please see the COPYING and CONTRIBUTORS files for details.
This program and documentation is copyright to the authors named above.
Distributed under the GNU General Public License (GNU GPL) version 2 or later (GPLv2+).
QUESTIONSQuestions on the usage of this program can be sent to the Squid Users mailing list <[email protected]>
Or contact your favorite RADIUS list/friend if the question is more related to RADIUS than Squid.
REPORTING BUGSBug reports need to be made in English. See http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/BugReporting for details of what you need to include with your bug report.
Report bugs or bug fixes using http://bugs.squid-cache.org/
Report serious security bugs to Squid Bugs <[email protected]>
Report ideas for new improvements to the Squid Developers mailing list <[email protected]>