SYNOPSISblaze-edit [-fpqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] id
DESCRIPTIONblaze-edit opens an existing blog post or a page with the specified id in an external text editor. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated.
- <!-- break -->
- A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis.
- A relative path to the root directory of the blog.
- A relative path to the index page of the blog.
- A relative path to a page with the supplied id.
- A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id.
- A relative path to a tag with the supplied name.
- -b directory, --blogdir directory
- Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory.
- -E editor, --editor editor
- Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option.
- -p, --page
- Tells blaze-edit to edit a page or pages.
- -P, --post
- Tells blaze-edit to edit a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option.
- -f, --force
- Tells blaze-edit to create an empty source file in case it does not already exist. If the core.processor option is enabled, this file is used as the input to be processed by the selected application.
- -C, --no-processor
- Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application.
- -q, --quiet
- Disables displaying of unnecessary messages.
- -V, --verbose
- Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option.
- -h, --help
- Displays usage information and exits.
- -v, --version
- Displays version information and exits.
- Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use.
EXAMPLE USAGEEdit a blog post in an external text editor:
~]$ blaze-edit 10
Edit a page in an external text editor:
~]$ blaze-edit -p 4
Edit a page in nano:
~]$ blaze-edit -p 2 -E nano
BUGSTo report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek
This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.