SYNOPSISbnetd [-f] [-c configfile] [-d dumpfile]
DESCRIPTIONbnetd is a program that will eventually completely emulate a Blizzard Battle.net server. Currently Starcraft, Brood War, Diablo, and Warcraft II BNE are supported as clients.
It is known to work under most versions of Unix and can also be used under Windows as a win32 console application.
- -c --config
- Use this configuration file instead of the compiled-in default location.
- -d --hexdump
- Put a hex dump of packets sent and received into the specified file.
- -f --foreground
- The server normally acts as a daemon and goes into the background. This forces the server to run in the foreground.
- -h --help --usage
- Print server usage information and exit.
- -v --version
- Print its version number and exit.
- The main configuration file. Among other things, it specifies the locations for the other files used by the daemon.
- The "message of the day" file. This is displayed when the user enters the first chat channel.
This is the default account file. The contains all default account attributes
which are used when an attribute is not set on an actual account.
channel.list This is the permanent channel list. Short names, target clients, and other attributes may be specified here.
- The contensts of this file are printed when the /news command is used.
- This is the ad banner list which determines which banners to display at which times. The order of display for the banners may be specified as well as the URL which they should follow when clicked.
- The IP ban file can be used to block connections from certain addresses.
- This file contains the the chat command help.
- The game address translation file can be used to allow players from behind a NAT firewall to play with those outside of the firewall.
- This is the autoupdate MPQ archive list. It chooses which versions of which clients to update.
- This is the Terms Of Service file that is displayed before a user can create a new account.
- The icons which the client displays for players in the chat rooms.
- This is the ad Banner. Currently, it says "Welcome to... BNETD".
NOTESThe current version is available at: