SYNOPSISbos removeuser -server <machine name> -user <user names>+
[-cell <cell name>] [-noauth] [-localauth] [-help]
bos removeu -s <machine name> -u <user names>+
[-c <cell name>] [-n] [-l] [-h]
DESCRIPTIONThe bos removeuser command removes each user name specified with the -user argument from the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument.
- -server <machine name>
Indicates the server machine on which to change the
/etc/openafs/server/UserList file. Identify the machine by IP address or its
host name (either fully-qualified or abbreviated unambiguously). For
details, see bos(8).
In cells that use the Update Server to distribute the contents of the /etc/openafs/server directory, it is conventional to specify only the system control machine as a value for the -server argument. Otherwise, repeat the command for each file server machine. For further discussion, see bos(8).
- -user <user names>+
- Specifies each user name to remove.
- -cell <cell name>
- Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8).
- Assigns the unprivileged identity "anonymous" to the issuer. Do not combine this flag with the -localauth flag. For more details, see bos(8).
- Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The bos command interpreter presents the ticket to the BOS Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell or -noauth options. For more details, see bos(8).
- Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored.
EXAMPLESThe following example removes the users "pat" and "jones" from the UserList file on the system control machine "fs1.abc.com".
% bos removeuser -server fs1.abc.com -user pat jones
PRIVILEGE REQUIREDThe issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on the machine named by the -server argument, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included.
COPYRIGHTIBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved.
This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell.