SYNOPSISbpadmin [ commands_filename | . ]
DESCRIPTIONbpadmin configures, starts, manages, and stops bundle protocol operations for the local ION node.
It operates in response to BP configuration commands found in the file commands_filename, if provided; if not, bpadmin prints a simple prompt (:) so that the user may type commands directly into standard input. If commands_filename is a period (.), the effect is the same as if a command file containing the single command 'x' were passed to bpadmin --- that is, the ION node's bpclock task, forwarder tasks, and convergence layer adapter tasks are stopped.
The format of commands for commands_filename can be queried from bpadmin with the 'h' or '?' commands at the prompt. The commands are documented in bprc(5).
- "0" Successful completion of BP administration.
- Enter interactive BP configuration command entry mode.
- bpadmin host1.bp
- Execute all configuration commands in host1.bp, then terminate immediately.
- bpadmin .
- Stop all bundle protocol operations on the local node.
FILESSee bprc(5) for details of the BP configuration commands.
ENVIRONMENTNo environment variables apply.
DIAGNOSTICSNote: all ION administration utilities expect source file input to be lines of ASCII text that are NL-delimited. If you edit the bprc file on a Windows machine, be sure to use dos2unix to convert it to Unix text format before presenting it to bpadmin. Otherwise bpadmin will detect syntax errors and will not function satisfactorily.
The following diagnostics may be issued to the logfile ion.log:
- ION can't set custodian EID information.
The custodial_endpoint_id specified in the BP initialization ('1')
command is malformed. Remember that the format for this argument is
ipn:element_number.0 and that the final 0 is required, as
custodial/administration service is always service 0. Additional detail
for this error is provided if one of the following other errors is present:
Malformed custodian EID.
- Malformed EID.
- bpadmin can't attach to ION.
- There is no SDR data store for bpadmin to use. You should run ionadmin(1) first, to set up an SDR data store for ION.
- Can't open command file...
- The commands_filename specified in the command line doesn't exist.
Various errors that don't cause bpadmin to fail but are noted in the ion.log log file may be caused by improperly formatted commands given at the prompt or in the commands_filename file. Please see bprc(5) for details.