SYNOPSISbrecsum [-d db][-h][-p pin][-P pass][-v]
brecsum downloads the specified database(s) and computes a SHA1 checksum on each raw record it finds. The SHA1 sums are written to stdout.
This is mainly useful for verifying the integrity of restored data during testing.
- -d db
- Specify the database to download and sum. This option may be given multiple times to fetch more than one database. See btool's -t option to retrieve a list of databases on your device.
- Include DB Name, Type, and Unique record IDs in the checksums.
- -p pin
- Specify the PIN of the device to talk to. Only needed if there are multiple Blackberries plugged into your system at once.
- -P pass
- Simplistic method to specify device password. In a real application, this would be done using a more secure prompt.
- Dump verbose protocol data during operation.
- -h, --help
Show summary of options.
RETURN STATUSIn the event of a fatal error, the message will be written to stderr, with an error code of 1.