cewl [OPTION] ... URL
DESCRIPTIONCeWL (Custom Word List generator) is a ruby app which spiders a given URL, up to a specified depth, and returns a list of words which can then be used for password crackers such as John the Ripper. Optionally, CeWL can follow external links.
CeWL can also create a list of email addresses found in mailto links. These email addresses can be used as usernames in brute force actions.
CeWL is pronounced "cool".
- --help, -h
- Show the help.
- --count, -c
- Show the count for each word found.
- --depth N, -d N
- The depth to spider to. Default: 2.
- --email, -e
- Include email addresses in the search. This option will create an email list, after the words list, that can be used as usernames in brute force actions.
- --email_file FILE
- Filename for email output. Must be used with '-e' option. If used, the email list created by '-e' option will be written in a file and won't be shown in stdout.
- --keep, -k
- Keep the downloaded files (in /tmp or in directory specified by '--meta-temp-dir' option). These files are acquired when using the '-a' option.
- --meta, -a
- Consider the metadata found when processing a site. This option will download some files found in the site and will extract its metadata. So, the network traffic will be greater. The files will be downloaded in /tmp folder or in directory specified by '--meta-temp-dir' option. The metadata will be shown after the words list and can be used as elements for brute force actions.
- --meta_file FILE
- Filename for metadata output. Must be used with '-a' option. If used, the metadata list created by '-a' option will be written in a file and won't be shown in stdout.
- --meta-temp-dir DIRECTORY
- The directory used by exiftool when parsing files. Default: /tmp.
- --min_word_length N, -m N
- The minimum word length. This strips out all words under the specified length. Default: 3.
- --no-words, -n
- Don't output the wordlist.
- --offsite, -o
- By default, the spider will only visit the site specified. With this option, CeWL will also visit external sites (that are quoted by hyperlinks).
- --ua USER-AGENT, -u USER-AGENT
- Change the user-agent. The default is 'Ruby'. There are a list of valid user-agents at http://www.user-agents.org.
- --write FILE, -w FILE
- Write the output to the file rather than to stdout.
- --auth_type TYPE
- Type of authentication for websites that uses it. The current options are 'digest' and 'basic'.
- --auth_user USERNAME
- Authentication username for websites.
- --auth_pass PASSWORD
- Authentication password for websites.
- --proxy_host HOST
- Proxy name or IP address, when needed.
- --proxy_port PORT
- Proxy port, when needed. Default: 8080.
- --proxy_username USERNAME
- Username for proxy, if required.
- --proxy_password PASSWORD
- Password for proxy, if required.
- --verbose, -v
- Verbose. Show extra output. Useful for debugs.
- The site to spider.