cgproxy is the D-Bus proxy for cgmanager. Since a process in a non-initial process-id or user namespace will refer to tasks, user-ids or group-ids which are wrong in the initial namespace, the proxy will send these as SCM credentials to the cgmanager, relying on the kernel to translate the identifiers. In this way, programs and users in a container can make cgroup administration requests using the same simply D-Bus calls over a proxy as they would on the base host to the cgmanager directly.
Control group proxy
- Detach and run in the background
- Raise SIGSTOP when ready
- Check whether cgmanager is running
- -q, --quiet
- reduce output to errors only
- -v, --verbose
- increase output to include informational messages
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
The cgroup manager proxy
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <[email protected]>
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.