SYNOPSIScheckstyle -c configurationFile [options] [file]
OVERVIEWCheckstyle is a development tool to help programmers write Java code that adheres to a coding standard. It automates the process of checking Java code to spare humans of this boring (but important) task. This makes it ideal for projects that want to enforce a coding standard.
Checkstyle is highly configurable and can be made to support almost any coding standard.
Checkstyle is highly configurable and can be made to support almost any coding standard. Example configuration files are supplied supporting the Sun Code Conventions and Google Java Style.
For information about Checkstyle, it can be found at http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/.
- Specify the Java source code file to check.
- -c configurationFile
- Specify the file that configures the checks to apply.
- -f format
- Specify the output format. Options are ``plain'' for the DefaultLogger and ``xml'' for the XMLLogger. Defaults to ``plain''.
- -p propertiesFile
- Specify a properties file to use.
- -o file
- Specify the file to output to.
EXAMPLECheck the source files in the src/main/java directory using the Google Java Style:
checkstyle -c /usr/share/checkstyle/google_checks.xml src/main/java