SYNOPSISchewmail [OPTIONS] <MAILBOX> ...
DESCRIPTIONchewmail is a program for archiving mail. It is inspired by the by the Python-based archivemail, but with more useful semantics. All mail is archived to the mailbox specified with the --output-box switch, in mbox format. It can read mailboxes in mbox, Maildir and MH formats.
Internally, chewmail uses Mail::Box, so it support file names and URLs supported by that module.
- -o mailbox-format, --output-box=mailbox-format
The mailbox to archive messages to. The mailbox is run through the
Date::Format module, so it supports all it's conversion
specifiers. The date and time is relative to the messages timestamp,
or the current time if the timestamp is impossible to determine. A
sample of the conversion specifiers follows:
%% PERCENT %b month abbr %B month %d numeric day of the month, with leading zeros (eg 01..31) %e numeric day of the month, without leading zeros (eg 1..31) %D MM/DD/YY %G GPS week number (weeks since January 6, 1980) %h month abbr %H hour, 24 hour clock, leading 0's) %I hour, 12 hour clock, leading 0's) %j day of the year %k hour %l hour, 12 hour clock %L month number, starting with 1 %m month number, starting with 01 %n NEWLINE %o ornate day of month -- "1st", "2nd", "25th", etc. %t TAB %U week number, Sunday as first day of week %w day of the week, numerically, Sunday == 0 %W week number, Monday as first day of week %x date format: 11/19/94 %y year (2 digits) %Y year (4 digits)
- -d days-old, --days=days-old
- Only archive messages older than than this many days.
- -D date, --date=date
- Only archive messages old than this date. The date can be any date understood by Perl's Date::Parse module.
- -R, --only-read
- Only archive messages that are marked seen or read.
- Synchonize the mailboxes after every message is moved. This will be substantially slower but may provide better recovery for some mailbox formats in the event of a crash.
- Preserve the atime and mtime of the input mailbox. This only affects file-based mailboxes, such as mbox.
- -n, --dry-run
- Go through all the motions of archiving the mail, but don't actually change any mailboxes.
- -v, --verbose
- Output more informational messages. Use multiple times for more verbosity.
- -q, --quiet
- Don't output any messages other than error messages.
- -V, --version
- Print the version number then exit.
- -h, --help
- Print usage information then exit.
EXAMPLESArchive two day old messages in inbox to inbox-old:
chewmail --days 2 -o inbox-old inbox
Archive read messages to a mailbox named the year-month of the message:
chewmail --only-read -o %Y-%m inbox
AUTHOREric Dorland <[email protected]>