- cl_int clEnqueueFillImage(cl_command_queue command_queue, cl_mem image, const void *fill_color, const size_t *origin, const size_t *region, cl_uint num_events_in_wait_list, const cl_event *event_wait_list, cl_event *event);
- Refers to the command-queue in which the fill command will be queued. The OpenCL context associated with command_queue and image must be the same.
- A valid image object.
- The fill color. The fill color is a four component RGBA floating-point color value if the image channel data type is not an unnormalized signed and unsigned integer type, is a four component signed integer value if the image channel data type is an unnormalized signed integer type and is a four component unsigned integer value if the image channel data type is an unormalized unsigned integer type. The fill color will be converted to the appropriate image channel format and order associated with image.
- Defines the (x, y, z) offset in pixels in the 1D, 2D, or 3D image, the (x, y) offset and the image index in the image array or the (x) offset and the image index in the 1D image array. If image is a 2D image object, origin must be 0. If image is a 1D image or 1D image buffer object, origin and origin must be 0. If image is a 1D image array object, origin must be 0. If image is a 1D image array object, origin describes the image index in the 1D image array. If image is a 2D image array object, origin describes the image index in the 2D image array.
- Defines the (width, height, depth) in pixels of the 1D, 2D or 3D rectangle, the (width, height) in pixels of the 2D rectangle and the number of images of a 2D image array or the (width) in pixels of the 1D rectangle and the number of images of a 1D image array. If image is a 2D image object, region must be 1. If image is a 1D image or 1D image buffer object, region and region must be 1. If image is a 1D image array object, region must be 1.
event_wait_list , num_events_in_wait_list
- Specify events that need to complete before this particular command can be executed. If event_wait_list is NULL, then this particular command does not wait on any event to complete. If event_wait_list is NULL, num_events_in_wait_list must be 0. If event_wait_list is not NULL, the list of events pointed to by event_wait_list must be valid and num_events_in_wait_list must be greater than 0. The events specified in event_wait_list act as synchronization points. The context associated with events in event_wait_list and command_queue must be the same. The memory associated with event_wait_list can be reused or freed after the function returns.
- Returns an event object that identifies this particular write command and can be used to query or queue a wait for this particular command to complete. event can be NULL in which case it will not be possible for the application to query the status of this command or queue a wait for this command to complete. clEnqueueBarrierWithWaitList(3clc) can be used instead. If the event_wait_list and the event arguments are not NULL, the event argument should not refer to an element of the event_wait_list array.
The usage information which indicates whether the memory object can be read or written by a kernel and/or the host and is given by the cl_mem_flags argument value specified when image is created is ignored by clEnqueueFillImage.
clEnqueueFillImage return CL_SUCCESS if the function is executed successfully. Otherwise, it returns one of the following errors.
- • CL_INVALID_COMMAND_QUEUE if command_queue is not a valid command-queue.
- • CL_INVALID_CONTEXT if the context associated with command_queue and image are not the same or if the context associated with command_queue and events in event_wait_list are not the same.
- • CL_INVALID_MEM_OBJECT if image is not a valid image object.
- • CL_INVALID_VALUE if fill_color is NULL.
- • CL_INVALID_VALUE if the region being written specified by origin and region is out of bounds or if ptr is a NULL value.
- • CL_INVALID_VALUE if values in origin and region do not follow rules described in the argument description for origin and region.
- • CL_INVALID_EVENT_WAIT_LIST if event_wait_list is NULL and num_events_in_wait_list > 0, or event_wait_list is not NULL and num_events_in_wait_list is 0, or if event objects in event_wait_list are not valid events.
- • CL_INVALID_IMAGE_SIZE if image dimensions (image width, height, specified or compute row and/or slice pitch) for image are not supported by device associated with queue.
- • CL_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT if image format (image channel order and data type) for image are not supported by device associated with queue.
- • CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE if there is a failure to allocate memory for data store associated with image.
- • CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES if there is a failure to allocate resources required by the OpenCL implementation on the device.
- • CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY if there is a failure to allocate resources required by the OpenCL implementation on the host.
The Khronos Group
Copyright © 2007-2011 The Khronos Group Inc.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and/or associated documentation files (the "Materials"), to deal in the Materials without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Materials, and to permit persons to whom the Materials are furnished to do so, subject to the condition that this copyright notice and permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Materials.
- page 105, section 5.3.3 - Reading, Writing and Copying Image Objects