- cl_int clReleaseSampler(cl_sampler sampler);
- Specifies the sampler being retained.
The sampler object is deleted after the reference count becomes zero and commands queued for execution on a command-queue(s) that use sampler have finished.
Returns CL_SUCCESS if the function is executed successfully. Otherwise, it returns one of the following errors:
- • CL_INVALID_SAMPLER if sampler is not a valid sampler object.
- • CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES if there is a failure to allocate resources required by the OpenCL implementation on the device.
- • CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY if there is a failure to allocate resources required by the OpenCL implementation on the host.
The Khronos Group
Copyright © 2007-2011 The Khronos Group Inc.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and/or associated documentation files (the "Materials"), to deal in the Materials without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Materials, and to permit persons to whom the Materials are furnished to do so, subject to the condition that this copyright notice and permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Materials.
- page 129, section 5.5.1 - Creating Sampler Objects