- cnid_metad [-l loglevel [-f filename]] [-d] [-h hostname] [-p port] [-u user] [-g group] [-s cnid_dbdpathname]
- cnid_metad -v | -V
-l <loglevel> [-f <filename>]
Specify that any message of a loglevel up to the given
should be logged to the given file. If the filename is ommited the loglevel applies to messages passed to syslog. Default is logs to syslog with a default logging setup of
Note: cnid_metad passes this to cnid_dbd which will in turn use this for its logging setup.
loglevels: LOG_SEVERE, LOG_ERROR, LOG_WARN, LOG_NOTE, LOG_INFO, LOG_DEBUG, LOG_DEBUG6, LOG_DEBUG7, LOG_DEBUG8, LOG_DEBUG9, LOG_MAXDEBUG
Example. Useful default config
-l log_info -f /var/log/afpd.log
Example. Debugging config
-l log_maxdebug -f /var/log/afpd.log
- cnid_metad will remain in the foreground and will also leave the standard input, standard output and standard error file descriptors open. Useful for debugging.
- Use hostname as the network interface for requests as opposed to the default localhost. The network address may be specified either in dotted-decimal format for IPv4 or in hexadecimal format for IPv6.
- Use port as the port number for reqests. Default is 4700.
- Switch to the userid of user before serving requests. This userid will be inherited by all cnid_dbd daemon processes started.
- Switch to the groupid of group before serving requests. This groupid will be inherited by all cnid_dbd daemon processes started. Both user and group must be specified as strings.
-s cnid_dbd pathname
- Use cnid_dbd pathname as the pathname of the executeable of the cnid_dbd daemon. The default is /usr/sbin/cnid_dbd.
- Show version and exit.
The number of cnid_dbd subprocecesses is currently limited to 512.
cnid_metad does not block or catch any signals apart from SIGPIPE. It will therefore exit on most signals received. This will also cause all instances of cnid_dbd's started by that cnid_metad to exit gracefully. Since state about and IPC access to the subprocesses is only maintained in memory by cnid_metad this is desired behaviour. As soon as cnid_metad is restarted afpd processes will transparently reconnect.