DESCRIPTIONDancer aims to keep the core as small as possible, but there are a growing number of useful plugins to add helpful features.
This document provides a quick summary of some recommended plugins.
- Provides easy database access via DBI, reading the DB connection details from your app's config file, and taking care of ensuring the connection is still valid and reconnecting if not (useful in persistent environments). Just calling the "database" keyword gives you a connected and working database handle. It also provides some helpful keywords to make inserting/updating data as simple as it should be.
- Provides easy access to DBIx::Class database virtualization.
- Dancer Authentication, Security and Role-Based Access Control Framework.
- Provides easy email-sending powered by Email::Send - simply call the "email" keyword. Email sending settings can be taken from your app's config.
- Send SMS text messages to mobile phones from your Dancer app, using any service supported by SMS::Send.
- Provides easy way to add Ajax route handlers.
- Makes writing RESTful web services easy.
- Automatically provides site maps (as an HTML page, or as an XML sitemap ready for Google) based on the routes your app defines.
- Provides different ways of normalizing parameter names
- Provides easy CRUD (create, read, update, delete) facilities, automatically creating routes to display, add, edit and delete data from a database table.
- Supports building apps using Web Sockets for bi-directional, full-duplex communications over a long-lived socket connection.
- Cache page responses or individual items of data with memcached for performance.
- Quickly determine whether the client is a mobile browser, in order to offer a simplified layout, or otherwise customise features.
- Provides dead-simple profiling of your app using Devel::NYTProf - enables profiling for each request individually, serves up a list of profiling runs, and generates & sends the HTML reports produced by "nytprofhtml".
- Provides simple effective password hashing and validation using Bcrypt.
- Provides caching for generated pages and/or arbitrary data. Uses CHI, so is backend-agnostic - caching can be done in memory, to files, using Memcache, in a database, or any other method for which there is a CHI::Driver module.
- Easy thumbnail generation using GD.
- Easy CAPTCHA image generation and validation, using GD.
- Easily work with Facebook's Graph API from your Perl Dancer app. Uses Facebook::Graph.
- Easy Redis database connections, based upon Dancer::Plugin::Database.
- Easy XML RSS creation and consumption.
More plugins are appearing on CPAN all the time - just search for "Dancer::Plugin" to see what may have been released since this document was last updated!
AUTHORDancer Core Developers
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSEThis software is copyright (c) 2010 by Alexis Sukrieh.
This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself.