debiandoc2dbxml [ -hvabsSk ] [ -l locale string ] [ file ]
debiandoc2dbxml will take a debiandoc-sgml file and convert it into a docbook xml file. The root element can be "book" or "article". The version of docbookx.dtd is 4.0.
Before using debiandoc2dbxml, you should run debiandoc-tidy in order to "normalize" your sgml file.
- Print a help message.
- Print the version number.
- Choose the root element "article".
- Choose the root element "book".
- Indicate that there is a subset of the dtd in the prolog of the sgml file.
- Choose to split the result in many files. The script creates "main.xml" and xml files from each bookinfo, chapter and appendix. This option should be used with the -l option.
- A string that indicates where you want to put the xml files when the -S option has been chosen. The "main.xml" goes to path/to/ and the xml files go to path/to/string/.
- The script creates two files "sgml.error" and "xml.error" which you can read when this option has been set.
This page was written by Philippe Batailler <[email protected]>. April 2003.