SYNOPSISdefoma-subst [options] new-rule rulename [additional-lines...]
defoma-subst [options] edit-rule rulename
defoma-subst [options] add-rule rulename rules...
defoma-subst [options] remove-rule rulename rules...
defoma-subst check-rule rulename
DESCRIPTIONdefoma-subst is a tool to create/edit a rulefile of Defoma font substitution system. This system makes a certain font provide an user-specified id. Rulefile exists in order not only to specify such ids but also to have more similar fonts containing same characters substitute for the id.
Following is the form of rulefile.
# comment.. # comment.. Helvetica --GeneralFamily SansSerif --Shape NoSerif \ Upright --Weight Medium --Charset,* ISO8859-1 Helvetica-Bold --GeneralFamily SansSerif --Shape NoSerif \ Upright --Weight Medium --Charset,* ISO8859-1
In this example Helvetica and Helvetica-Bold are need-to-be-substituted ids, and following hints represent information of these two fonts. The asterisk added to Charset hinttype with comma means Charset is required to match.
- Create a new rulefile rulename.subst-rule under /etc/defoma. additional-lines are added to the file as comments or default rules. Quote each rule or comment with single or double quotations.
- Edit the rulefile specified by rulename. After editing, modification is reflected to the related Id cache. In other words, new ids would be added provided by substitutive fonts to the Id cache if a rule is added, and registered ids would be removed from the Id cache if a rule is removed.
- Add one or more rules specified by rules to the specified rulename. Quote each rule with single or double quotations.
- Remove one or more rules specified by rules from the specified rulename. Quote each rule with single or double quotations.
- Check if the rulefile specified by rulename exists. It returns zero when the rulefile exists, and non-zero (actually one) when the rulefile doesn't exist.
- Exit with true value (0) even if error occurs.
- Verbose output.
- More verbose output.
- Quiet output.
EXAMPLES1. Create foo.subst-rule with some comments and default rules.
defoma-subst new-rule foo '# This is a comment. ' \ '# Run defoma-subst edit-rule foo to edit this file.' \ 'Times-Roman --GeneralFamily Roman --Charset,* ISO8859-1' \ 'Kanji-H --GeneralFamily Mincho --Charset,* JISX0208'
2. Add some rules to foo.subst-rule.
defoma-subst add-rule foo \ 'Times-Roman --GeneralFamily Roman --Charset,* ISO8859-1' \ 'Kanji-H --GeneralFamily Mincho --Charset,* JISX0208' \