SYNOPSISding [options] [phrase]
DESCRIPTIONding is a dictionary lookup program for X Windows/Unix. It comes with a German-English dictionary with about 270,000 entries.
It has many configuration options, such as search preferences, interface language (English or German), colors. It has history and help functions and comes with useful key and mouse bindings for quick and easy lookups.
If you enter some word or phrase as command line argument, ding will start up with a translation of this word/phrase.
- -x, --selection
- Start searching for selected word (X selection).
- -m, --mini
- Start with minimal size (search form only).
- -r, --remote
- Start search in an already running program.
- -R, --remote-new
- Start search in an already running program or start a new program.
- Do not save preferences
- -D #, --debug #
- Start with debug output, # = number (1..15).