DESCRIPTIONDelete dirvish image trees or whole images that have expired.
Each image summary file is checked for the Expire: field. If that field indicates the image has expired dirvish-expire will delete that image from the vault.
By default all subdirectories of all banks will be treated as vaults and all directories therein except the one named dirvish will be checked for summary files.
The removal of an image will have no effect on other images.
Dirvish-expire will not delete an image unless it finds at least one image in that branch that has an intact image tree and Status: success in the summary that is not expired.
OPTIONSEach option on the command line may be specified any number of times. Those options that support lists in the config files will accumulate all of their arguments otherwise each specification will override the ones before.
Each option may be unambiguously abbreviated.
- .BI --time " time_expression"
- Execute as though time_expression were the current time.
- Only delete the image tree, leave in place the rest of the image directory with summary, log and any other image administrative files.
- .BI --vault " vault"
- Restrict expiration to the specified vault.
- Don't actually do anything. Just display what would have happened.
Run quietly, only report errors.
Normally dirvish-expire will report the images deleted.
EXIT CODESTo facilitate further automation and integration of dirvish-expire with other tools dirvish-expire provides rationalised exit codes. The exit codes are range based. While the code for a specific error may change from one version to another it will remain within the specified range. So don't test for specific exit codes but instead test for a range of values. To the degree possible higher value ranges indicate more severe errors.
- An error was encountered in loading a configuration file.
- An error was detected in the configuration.
- Incorrect usage.
- alternate master configuration file.
- master configuration file.
- image creation summary.
- actual image of source directory tree.
BUGSDirvish-expire will walk the file hierarchy of all banks or the specified vault looking for summary files. Anything non-dirvish in there may cause excess file-walking.