- [options] <command> [options] [args]
doozer is a client for the Doozer Lock Service as implemented by the doozerd(8) binary. It can be used to perform any kind of doozer lock service operation which is supported by the API, such as creating or updating entries, watching them for changes or listing contents of arbitrary trees on the lock service.
OPTIONSEach command takes zero or more options and zero or more arguments. In addition, there are some global options that can be used with any command.
- Global options are:
Connect to the given
The URI can contain an arbitrary number of address parts concatenated
by an ampersand character (&).
An URI always starts with the prefix
Valid options include:
- specifies the "cluster address", which could be an IP address and port combination or a host name with a port appended to it.
- specifies a cluster name which will be looked up from the lock servers specified in the environment variable DOOZER_BOOT_URI(whichalsocontainsadoozerURI).
- can specify a shared key which is used to authenticate to the lock service.
An example URI would look like this:
- specifies the Doozer Boot URI which is used to resolve any cluster names passed in the -a flag. It shares the same syntax as -a.
- shows a short context help.
- specifies the revision number for commands which optionally accept one.
- tells doozer to print its version string.
- Commands are:
- add path
- Add a key only if it isn't already set. Takes the file input from stdin.
- del path rev
- Deletes the file if it is older than revision rev.
- find path
- Lists all files under the given path.
- get path
- Fetches the contents of the entry at path and displays it to stdout.
- help command
- Displays detailed help for the given command.
- Just wait for consensus between all lock servers and return.
- rev path
- Display the current revision of path.
- set path rev
- Sets the contents of path to the contents read from stdin if it's older than rev.
- stat path
- Prints the current status of the entry at path.
- touch path
- Update the revision of the file at path.
- wait glob
- Wait until a change occurs in an entry which matches glob.
- watch glob
- Watch for changes in entries which match glob. Prints all changes to such entries to stdout.
ENVIRONMENTThe following environment variables are honored:
- The doozer cluster to bind to; overridden by -a.
- The DzNS to lookup address in; overridden by -b.
EXIT CODESThe exit status is 0 on success, 1 for a rev mismatch, and 2 otherwise.
AUTHORdoozer was written by Blake Mizerany and Keith Rarick.
REPORTING BUGSPlease file any bug in the issue tracker at https://github.com/ha/doozer/issues
Copyright © 2010-2013 Blake Mizerany, Keith Rarick.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.