SYNOPSISdoveadm [-Dv] exec binary [binary arguments]
DESCRIPTIONThis command allows administrators and local users to simply execute commands from within libexec_dir. So for example a logged in system user could start a pre-authenticated imap session, using the command: doveadm exec imap. An administrator would use the command: doveadm exec imap -u username.
OPTIONSGlobal doveadm(1) options:
- Enables verbosity and debug messages.
- -o setting=value
- Overrides the configuration setting from /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and from the userdb with the given value. In order to override multiple settings, the -o option may be specified multiple times.
- Enables verbosity, including progress counter.
- the name of an executable located in /usr/lib/dovecot.
- binary arguments
- options and arguments, wich will be passed through to the binary.
EXAMPLEThis example demonstrates how to deliver a message from a file to a user's mailbox.
doveadm exec dovecot-lda -d [email protected] \ -f [email protected] < ~/stuff/welcome.msg