SYNOPSISdpkg-www [-s|--stdout] [-h|--host host] [query]
DESCRIPTIONdpkg-www is used to remotely control a WEB browser and open a dpkg URL on the local host from an interactive shell or script.
If the command is invoked while running under X-window the script will try to find an installed X browser to open the specified URL. If not running under X it will try to use a text browser instead.
If Netscape is found and a Netscape instance is already running it will be asked to open the dpkg URL on localhost with the optional query supplied on the command line. If there is no browser running, it will start automatically a new one.
The functionality provided by this program is identical to running a web browser with the -remote openURL(http://localhost/cgi-bin/dpkg) argument or opening the same URL from within the browser.
dpkg-www-installer is an helper application which can configured in the WWW browser for web installation. It should never be invoked directly by the user.
- -s, --stdout
- Redirect output to stdout. Requires one of the text browsers (lynx, lynx-ssl or links) installed.
- -h, --host host
- Send the query to a remote host, where dpkg-www must be installed.
Specifies an optional package name, an absolute pathname or a query
argument which is passed to the dpkg cgi-bin. See
for more information about the use of the cgi.
Configuration files for dpkg-www. It is not necessary for these files to exist,
there are sensible defaults for everything, but you can specify your preferred
www browser with the DPKG_WWW_BROWSER variable, for example:
- This would open a dpkg URL on localhost listing all the installed packages.
- dpkg-www bash
- This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package.
- dpkg-www -h pisolo bash
- This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package on host pisolo.
- dpkg-www 'dpkg*'
- This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages matching dpkg*.
- dpkg-www /bin/bash
- This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the package(s) owning the file /bin/bash .
- dpkg-www depends=svgalib
- This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages depending on svgalib.
- dpkg-www --stdout depends=awk | grep ^ii
This would list on stdout all packages depending on awk and grep all
lines of installed packages.
AUTHORMassimo Dal Zotto <[email protected]>.
Bugs should be reported via the normal Debian bug reporting system.
LICENCEdpkg-www is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2.