int dpns_creat (const char *path, mode_t mode)
int dpns_creatx (const char *path, mode_t mode, struct dpns_fileid *file_uniqueid)
DESCRIPTIONdpns_creat creates a new DPNS file or resets it in the name server.
If the file exists, the length is truncated to 0 and the mode and owner are unchanged.
If the file does not exist yet, an entry is created in the name server database and the file's owner ID is set to the effective user ID of the requestor. The group ID of the file is set to the effective group ID of the requestor or is taken from the parent directory if the latter has the S_ISGID bit set.
The access permission bits for the file are taken from mode, then all bits set in the requestor's file mode creation mask are cleared (see dpns_umask(3)).
dpns_creatx behaves in the same way and returns the file unique id (name server hostname and file id).
- specifies the logical pathname relative to the current DPNS directory or the full DPNS pathname.
RETURN VALUEThis routine returns 0 if the operation was successful or -1 if the operation failed. In the latter case, serrno is set appropriately.
- A component of path prefix does not exist or path is a null pathname.
- Search permission is denied on a component of the path prefix or the file does not exist and write permission on the parent directory is denied or the file exists and write permission on the file itself is denied.
- path or file_uniqueid is a NULL pointer.
- File exists already and has replicas.
- A component of path prefix is not a directory.
- path is an existing directory.
- The fileclass in the parent directory is zero.
- The name server database is full.
- The length of path exceeds CA_MAXPATHLEN or the length of a path component exceeds CA_MAXNAMELEN.
- Host unknown.
- Service unknown.
- Communication error.
- Name server is not running or is being shutdown.
AUTHORLCG Grid Deployment Team