SYNOPSISdwebp [options] input_file.webp
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents the dwebp command.
dwebp decompresses WebP files into PNG, PAM, PPM or PGM images.
OPTIONSThe basic options are:
- Print usage summary.
- Print the version number (as major.minor.revision) and exit.
- -o string
- Specify the name of the output file (as PNG format by default). Using "-" as output name will direct output to 'stdout'.
- -- string
- Explicitly specify the input file. This option is useful if the input file starts with an '-' for instance. This option must appear last. Any other options afterward will be ignored. If the input file is "-", the data will be read from stdin instead of a file.
- Change the output format to uncompressed BMP.
- Change the output format to uncompressed TIFF.
- Change the output format to PAM (retains alpha).
- Change the output format to PPM (discards alpha).
- Change the output format to PGM. The output consists of luma/chroma samples instead of RGB, using the IMC4 layout. This option is mainly for verification and debugging purposes.
- Change the output format to raw YUV. The output consists of luma/chroma-U/chroma-V samples instead of RGB, saved sequentially as individual planes. This option is mainly for verification and debugging purposes.
- Don't use the fancy upscaler for YUV420. This may lead to jaggy edges (especially the red ones), but should be faster.
- Don't use the in-loop filtering process even if it is required by the bitstream. This may produce visible blocks on the non-compliant output, but it will make the decoding faster.
- -dither strength
- Specify a dithering strength between 0 and 100. Dithering is a post-processing effect applied to chroma components in lossy compression. It helps by smoothing gradients and avoiding banding artifacts.
- Disable all dithering (default).
- Use multi-threading for decoding, if possible.
- -crop x_position y_position width height
- Crop the decoded picture to a rectangle with top-left corner at coordinates (x_position, y_position) and size width x height. This cropping area must be fully contained within the source rectangle. The top-left corner will be snapped to even coordinates if needed. This option is meant to reduce the memory needed for cropping large images. Note: the cropping is applied before any scaling.
- -scale width height
- Rescale the decoded picture to dimension width x height. This option is mostly intended to reducing the memory needed to decode large images, when only a small version is needed (thumbnail, preview, etc.). Note: scaling is applied after cropping.
- Print extra information (decoding time in particular).
Disable all assembly optimizations.
BUGSPlease report all bugs to our issue tracker: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp
Patches welcome! See this page to get started: http://www.webmproject.org/code/contribute/submitting-patches/
EXAMPLESdwebp picture.webp -o output.png
dwebp picture.webp -ppm -o output.ppm
dwebp -o output.ppm -- ---picture.webp
cat picture.webp | dwebp -o - -- - > output.ppm
AUTHORSdwebp was written by the WebP team.
The latest source tree is available at http://www.webmproject.org/code
This manual page was written by Pascal Massimino <[email protected]>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others).
Output file format detailsPAM: http://netpbm.sourceforge.net/doc/pam.html