SYNOPSISeric4-api [options] files...
where files can be be either Python modules, package directories or ordinary directories.
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the eric4-api command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page.
eric4-api scans Python source code to generate API descriptions files which are used to as tooltips and autocompletion suggestions by the QScintilla editor widget in eric4.
OPTIONSThese programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files.
- -b name or --base name
- Use the given name as the name of the base package.
- -h or --help
- Show this help and exit.
- -o filename or --output=filename
- Write the API information to the named file. A '%L' placeholder is replaced by the language of the API file (see --language).
- Generate API files for QScintilla prior to 1.7.
- -p or --private
- Include private methods and functions.
- -R, -r or --recursive
- Perform a recursive search for Python files.
- -t ext or --extension = ext
- Add the given extension to the list of file extensions. This option may be given multiple times.
- -V or --version
- Show version information and exit.
- -x directory or --exclude=directory
- Specify a directory basename to be excluded. This option may be repeated multiple times.
- Specify a filename pattern of files to be excluded. This option may be repeated multiple times.
- -l language or --language=language
Generate an API file for the given programming language.
Supported programming languages are:
* Ruby The default is 'Python'. This option may be repeated multiple times.
AUTHORThis manual page was written by Torsten Marek <[email protected]>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others).