SYNOPSISeric5_doc [options] files...
where files can be be either Python modules, package directories or ordinary directories.
DESCRIPTIONThis manual page documents briefly the eric5_doc command. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. Instead, it has documentation provided in the file /usr/share/doc/eric/README-eric5-doc.txt.gz in plain text format.
eric5_doc is the documentation generator of the eric5 IDE. Source code documentation may be included as ordinary Python doc-strings or as documentation comments. For Quixote Template file (PTL) only documentation comments are available due to the inner workings of Quixote. Documentation comments start with the string ###, followed by the contents and ended by ###. Every line of the documentation comments contents must start with a # (see example below).
OPTIONSThese programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, see the Info files.
- -p prefix or --prefix=prefix
- Prepend given prefix to file names.
- -o directory or --outdir=directory
- Generate files in the named directory.
- -R, -r or --recursive
- Perform a recursive search for Python files.
- -x directory or --exclude=directory
- Specify a directory basename to be excluded. This option may be repeated multiple times.
- -i or --noindex
- Don't generate index files.
- -e or --noempty
- Don't include empty modules.
- -h, --help
- Show summary of options.
- -v, --version
- Show version of program.
AUTHORThis manual page was written by Torsten Marek <[email protected]>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others).