DESCRIPTIONezz is the edit helper program for the generic zz clip board program. The clip board is $ZZ (default: $HOME/.zz).
This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page.
- edit $ZZ
- ... | ezz
- write STDIN from pipe to $ZZ and call editor
- ezz "perl-script"
- run perl-script on $ZZ
- ezz - "perl-script"
- run perl-script on $ZZ and write result to STDOUT
- ezz filter [args]
- run filter [with args] on $ZZ
- ezz - filter [args]
- run filter [with args] on $ZZ and write result to STDOUT
- ezz -r
- restore $ZZ from last ezz operation ($ZZ~)
LIMITATIONSzz does not work across different accounts
EXAMPLESls -l | ezz
ezz "s/ /_/g"
ezz head -3
ezz - head -3
AUTHORezz was written by Ulli Horlacher <[email protected]>
This manual page was written by Michael Bussmann <[email protected]> for the Debian project (but may be used by others).