SYNOPSISfacedetect [-h] [--biggest] [--best] [-c] [-q] [-o OUTPUT] [-d] file
DESCRIPTIONFacedetect is a simple face detector for batch processing. It answers the basic question: "Is there a face in this image?" and gives back either an exit code or the coordinates of each detected face in the standard output.
The aim is to provide a basic command-line interface that's consistent and easy to use with software such as ImageMagick, while progressively improving the detection algorithm over time.
facedetect is used in software such as fgallery to improve the thumbnail cutting region, so that faces are always centered.
- Input image file
- -h, --help
- show this help message and exit
- Extract only the biggest face
- Extract only the best matching face
- -c, --center
- Print only the center coordinates
- -q, --query
- Query only (exit 0: face detected, 2: no detection)
- -o OUTPUT, --output OUTPUT
- Image output file
- -d, --debug
- Add debugging metrics in the image output file
AUTHORThis manpage was written by Andreas Tille for the Debian distribution and can be used for any other usage of the program.