DESCRIPTIONflowgrindd is the daemon for the advanced TCP traffic generator flowgrind(1). Using the flowgrind(1) controller, distributed network performance measurement tests can be set up between an arbitrary number of hosts running flowgrindd, the flowgrind daemon.
OPTIONSMandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
- -b ADDR
- XML-RPC server bind address. An easy way to enable support for IPv6 control-connections is to specify the IPv6 wildcard address "::"
- -c #
- bound daemon to specific CPU. First CPU is 0
- don't fork into background, increase debugging verbosity. Add option multiple times to increase the verbosity
- -h, --help
- display this help and exit
- -p #
- XML-RPC server port
- -w DIR
- target directory for dump files. Requires compiling flowgrind with libpcap support. The daemon must be run as root
- -v, --version
print version information and exit
AUTHORSFlowgrind was original started by Daniel Schaffrath. The distributed measurement architecture and advanced traffic generation were later on added by Tim Kosse and Christian Samsel. Currently, flowgrind is developed and maintained Arnd Hannemann and Alexander Zimmermann.