freefoam splitMeshRegions [-cellZones] [-help] [-makeCellZones] [-sloppyCellZones] [-blockedFaces <faceSet name>] [-largestOnly] [-srcDoc] [-doc] [-overwrite] [-insidePoint <point>] [-parallel] [-case <dir>] [-detectOnly]
Each region is defined as a domain whose cells can all be reached by cell-face-cell walking without crossing - boundary faces - additional faces from faceset (-blockedFaces faceSet). - any face inbetween differing cellZones (-cellZones)
Output is: - volScalarField with regions as different scalars (-detectOnly) or - mesh with multiple regions or - mesh with cells put into cellZones (-makeCellZones)
- Split different cell zones.
- Do no processing.
-blockedFaces <faceSet name>
- Split at give face set.
- Try to match regions to existing cell zones.
- Create mesh with cells in different cell zones.
- Overwrite existing data.
- Case directory.
- Run in parallel.
- Display help message.
- Display Doxygen API documentation page for this application.
- Display Doxygen source documentation page for this application.
- Only keep region containing specified point.
- Only keep largest region.
- • cellZonesOnly does not do a walk and uses the cellZones only. Use this if you don't mind having disconnected domains in a single region. This option requires all cells to be in one (and one only) cellZone.
- • cellZonesFileOnly behaves like -cellZonesOnly but reads the cellZones from the specified file. This allows one to explicitly specify the region distribution and still have multiple cellZones per region.
- • useCellZonesOnly does not do a walk and uses the cellZones only. Use this if you don't mind having disconnected domains in a single region. This option requires all cells to be in one (and one only) cellZone.
- • Should work in parallel. cellZones can differ on either side of processor boundaries in which case the faces get moved from processor patch to directMapped patch. Not very well tested.
- • If a cell zone gets split into more than one region it can detect the largest matching region (-sloppyCellZones). This will accept any region that covers more than 50% of the zone. It has to be a subset so cannot have any cells in any other zone.
writes maps like decomposePar back to original mesh:
- • pointRegionAddressing : for every point in this region the point in the original mesh
- • cellRegionAddressing : ,, cell ,, cell ,,
- • faceRegionAddressing : ,, face ,, face in the original mesh + turning index. For a face in the same orientation this is the original facelabel+1, for a turned face this is -facelabel-1
Part of the freefoam(1) suite.
- • Copyright © 2008-2012 Michael Wild.
- • Copyright © 1991-2010 OpenCFD Ltd.