SYNOPSISfud [ -C config-file ] [ -U uses ] [ -T timeout ] [ -D ]
DESCRIPTIONFUD is a long lived datagram daemon started from cyrmaster that provides information about when a user last read their mail, when mail last arrived in a user's mailbox, and how many messages are recent for that user.
Note that for FUD to run properly you must set proto=udp in its cyrus.conf services entry. prefork=1 is also recommended. FUD will automatically proxy any and all FUD requests to the appropriate backend server if it is runing on a Cyrus Murder frontend machine.
FUD reads its configuration options out of the imapd.conf(5) file unless specified otherwise by -C.
- -C config-file
- Read configuration options from config-file.
- -U uses
- The maximum number of times that the process should be used for new connections before shutting down. The default is 250.
- -T timeout
- The number of seconds that the process will wait for a new connection before shutting down. Note that a value of 0 (zero) will disable the timeout. The default is 60.
- Run external debugger specified in debug_command.
- Default configuration file.
- Cyrus Master process configuration file.
BUGSThough not really a bug, FUD will silently ignore any requests that it does not consider valid.
Also not really a bug, FUD requires that the anonymous user has the 0 (zero) right on the mailbox in question. This is only a "bug" because 0 is not a standard IMAP ACL bit.
FUD is an experimental interface meant to provide information to build a finger-like service around. Eventually it should be superceded by a more standards-based protocol.