- int gd_flush(DIRFILE *dirfile, const char *field_code);
Metadata is written to disk using the current Standards Version as stored in the dirfile object. See gd_dirfile_standards(3) to change or report the current Standards Version. If the dirfile metadata conforms to no known Standards Version, a Standards non-compliant fragment will be written.
RETURN VALUEOn success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned and the dirfile error is set to a non-zero error value. Possible error values are:
- The field specified by field_code was not found in the database.
- The supplied dirfile was invalid.
- The representation suffix specified in field_code was not recognised.
- A temporary file could not be opened into which to write the modified metadata, or renaming the temporary file over the original fragment failed. Only returned when field_code is NULL.
- An error occurred while trying to flush or close the field(s).