SYNOPSISged2gwb [ <ged> ] [ options ]
DESCRIPTIONged2gwb creates a starter database for use by GeneWeb , from a GEDCOM file.
The primary documentation of
is in the HTML documentation, which you can find in the documentation directory (/usr/share/doc/geneweb on
Please look there for complete and up-to-date documentation.
- command-line help
- -o <file>
- output database (default: a.gwb)
- Remove database if already existing
- -log <file>
- Redirect log trace to this file.
- Lowercase first names -
Convert first names to lowercase letters, with initials in uppercase.
- Lowercase surnames -
Convert surnames to lowercase letters, with initials in uppercase. Try to keep lowercase particles.
- Uppercase surnames -
Convert surnames to uppercase letters.
- -fne be
- First names enclosed -
When creating a person, if the GEDCOM first name part holds a part between 'b' (any character) and 'e' (any character), it is considered to be the usual first name: e.g. -fne '""' or -fne "()".
- Extract first names -
When creating a person, if the GEDCOM first name part holds several names, the first of this names becomes the person "first name" and the complete GEDCOM first name part a "first name alias".
- Dont extract first names - [default]
Cancels the previous option.
- Extract public names - [default]
When creating a person, if the GEDCOM first name part looks like a
public name, i.e. holds:
* a number or a roman number, supposed to be a number of a nobility title,
* one of the words: "der", "den", "die", "el", "le", "la", "the", supposed to be the beginning of a qualifier,
then the GEDCOM first name part becomes the person "public name" and its first word his "first name".
- Cancels the previous option.
- No public if titles -
Do not consider persons having titles as public
- Try negative dates -
Set negative dates when inconsistency (e.g. birth after death)
- No negative dates -
Don't interpret a year preceded by a minus sign as a negative year
- -udi x-y
- Undefined death interval -
Set the interval for persons whose death part is undefined:
- if before x years, they are considered as alive
- if after y year, they are considered as death
- between x and y year, they are considered as "don't know"
Default x is 80 and y is 120
- Untreated in notes -
Put untreated GEDCOM tags in notes
- Default source -
Set the source field for persons and families without source data
- Interpret months-numbered dates as day/month/year
- Interpret months-numbered dates as month/day/year
- -charset [ANSEL|ASCII|MSDOS]
- charset decoding -
Force given charset decoding, overriding the possible setting in GEDCOM