SYNOPSISgnatcheck [OPTION]... filename [-cargs gcc_switches] [-rules rule_switches]
gnatcheck [OPTION]... -files=filename [-cargs gcc_switches] [-rules rule_switches]
gnatcheck checks the conformance of Ada source text with rules and produces a report file for later analysis as well as on standard output.
In the first form, gnatcheck examines the specified Ada source files (wildcards are allowed).
In the second form, gnatcheck examines the Ada source files listed in the specified file.
gnatcheck is an ASIS application developed on top of the ASIS implementation for GNAT. As such, it reads tree files (*.adt) produced by the compiler to accomplish its goals, and invokes gnatgcc for this.
- Process RTL units.
- -cargs gcc_switches
- Pass gcc_switches to GCC when producing the tree files.
- Debug mode.
- Progress indicator mode, for use in the GNAT Programming Studio.
- Print the list of built-in rules.
- Full source location chains in report file.
- Quiet mode: do not report detections on standard output.
- -rules rule_switches
rule_switches can be any combination of the following:
- Read rule options from file
- Turn all rules on.
- Turn all rules off.
- Turn the specified rule on, passing it optional parameters.
- Turn the specified rule off.
- Turn off some of the checks for the specified rule.
rule_id is any of the rules listed with the -h option.
- Short form of the report file.
- Include only section n (n in 1 .. 3) in the report file.
- Verbose mode.
gnatcheck was written by AdaCore (http://www.adacore.com).
This manual page was written by Ludovic Brenta <[email protected]> for the Debian project, from information in the sources of gnatcheck.
COPYRIGHTgnatcheck is Copyright (c) 2004-2007 AdaCore
This manual page is Copyright (C) 2008 Ludovic Brenta <[email protected]>.