- gnome-keyring-daemon [OPTION...]
The gnome-keyring-daemon implements the DBus Secret Service API, and you can use tools like seahorse or secret-tool to interact with it.
The daemon also implements a GnuPG and SSH agent both of which automatically load the user's keys, and prompt for passwords when necessary.
The daemon will print out various environment variables which should be set in the user's environment, in order to interact with the daemon.
The various startup arguments below can be used:
Ask the daemon to only initialize certain components. Valid components are
By default all components are initialized.
- Use this directory for creating communication sockets. By default a temporary directory is automatically created.
- Run as a real daemon, disconnected from the terminal.
- Run in the foreground, and do not fork or become a daemon.
This argument tells the daemon it is being run by PAM. It reads all of stdin (including any newlines) as a login password and does not complete actual initialization.
The daemon should later be initialized with a gnome-keyring-daemon --start invocation.
This option implies --unlock. It may not be used together with either the --replace or --start arguments.
Try to replace a running keyring daemon, and assume its environment variables. A successful replacement depends on the
environment variable being set by an earlier daemon.
This option may not be used together with either the --login or --start arguments.
Connect to an already running daemon and initialize it. This is often used to complete initialization of a daemon that was started by PAM using the
This option may not be used together with either the --login or --replace arguments.
- Read a password from stdin, and use it to unlock the login keyring or create it if the login keyring does not exist.
- Print out the gnome-keyring version and then exit.
- Show help options and exit.
Please send bug reports to either the distribution bug tracker or the upstream bug tracker at m[blue]https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=gnome-keyringm