grid-ca-sign [-ca HASH] [-g] [-b] [-r] [-d]
grid-ca-sign [ -help| -h| -usage| -version| -versions ]
The grid-ca-sign utility creates a tarball containing an RPM spec file and the files needed to use a CA with grid tools. It optionally will also create a GPT package for distributing a CA.
By default, the grid-ca-sign utility displays a list of installed grid CA and prompts for which CA to package. It then creates a tarball containing the CA certificate, signing policy, CA configuration files, and an spec script to generate a binary RPM package containing the CA. If the CA hash is known prior to running grid-ca-sign, it may provided as an argument to the -ca parameter to avoid prompting.
In addition to generating a spec script and tarball, grid-ca-sign creates a GPT package if either the -g or -b options are used on the command-line. These packages may be used to distribute a CA and configuration to systems which do not support RPM packages.
The grid-ca-sign utility writes the package tarballs to the current working directory.
The full set of command-line options to grid-ca-sign follows:
-help, -h, -usage
- Display the command-line options to grid-ca-sign and exit.
- Display the version number of the grid-ca-sign command. The second form includes more details.
- Use the CA whose name matches the hash string CA. When invoked with this option, grid-ca-sign runs non-interactively.
- Create a GPT binary package in addition to the RPM script tarball. This package may be installed on other systems using the gpt-install program.
- Create a GPT binary package with GPT metadata located in the path expected by GPT 3.2 (used in Globus 2.0.0-5.0.x) instead of overrides the -g command-line option.
- Create a binary RPM package for the CA. This option currently only works on RPM-based distributions.
- Create a binary Debian package for the CA. This option currently only works on Debian-based distributions.
Package a Simple CA with hash 0146c503.
% grid-ca-sign -ca 0146c503
Creating RPM source tarball... done globus_simple_ca_0146c503.tar.gz
The following environment variables affect the execution of grid-ca-sign:
- Non-standard installation path of the Globus Toolkit.
Copyright © 1999-2014 University of Chicago